Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Alison Pollack

I stumbled upon This article while on reddit about photographer Alison Pollack and her macro photos of fungi. I really liked learning about her and seeing her photos because fungi pictures are so much fun. 
I love to take pictures of all of the mushrooms I come across while out hiking and exploring. The amount of detail in one little thing is just so cool. Alison does a fantastic job of capturing the most detailed fungau from a perspective that not many people even think to find. 
My favorite photograph of hers is the third photo on this link. All the little blue fungi lined up on rotting wood. You can see how detailed each fungi is but you can also still see how delicate they are. She doesn’t make the fungus seem larger than life, just allows the viewer to see them better and with more appreciation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment